Scaling Photos (Mac OS X)
Photos taken with digital cameras or smartphone cameras can be too large to upload to KLIPS 2.0. If this is the case, you will have to scale the photo. In the following, the procedure of scaling using the programme "iPhoto" (which is pre-installed in Mac OS X) is explained.
1. Open "iPhoto".
2. Select the picture you want to upload.
3. Click on Edit on the bottom right.
4. If your photo is at the wrong angle (as in the example below), please rotate it so it will be displayed correctly on the UCCard later on. To do this, click on the button Rotate until the image is in the correct position.
5. To scale the photo, click on Export in the menu "File".
6. In the settings menu that opens, choose "high" in JPEG-Quality and "custom" in the Size option. The recommended size is 204 x 272 pixels (w x h px, dimension 3:4). Please do not go below these values. If the aspect ratio of your photo is not in the format 3:4, please type a slightly higher value, such as "220", into the width field.
7. Click on Export.
8. Name the image (e.g. your name) and save it in a folder of your choice.
9. You can now upload your photo to KLIPS 2.0.
To go back to the instructions for uploading the photo for your student card, click here.