UCCard Photo Upload
The UCCard is the new student card of the University of Cologne. More detailed information can be found here. For identification, the UCCard has a photo which can be uploaded in KLIPS 2.0.
For further questions, please contact the UCCard-Support, which can be found here:
Studierenden Service Center
1st floor, Room 1.303 (follow signs)
In case of queries please always provide your student-ID (Matrikelnummer) or applicant number as we can read your data only on the basis of student-ID.
Uploading a New Photo
1. Open the homepage of KLIPS 2.0 via https://klips2.uni-koeln.de.
2. Click on the Log-In-Button at the top right of the page and enter the Username and the Password of your student account (Smail-Account).
Please note: More detailed information about your student account can be found on the websites of the Regionales Rechenzentrum Köln (RRZK). If you forgot your password, please contact the RRZK-Helpdesk.
3. After logging in, your Personal Business Card opens. This business card is your central starting point in KLIPS 2.0. From here you can manage all relevant contact and master data and open all necessary applications. In the chapter Business Card, you will find detailed information about the structure and function of the personal business card.
Please note: The photo that you upload for your business card does not function as the photo for the UCCard. Information on uploading photos for your business card can be found here. How to upload a photo for the UCCard is explained in the following.
4. Please click on the application Student Card Image Upload in the application menu.
5. The window "UCCard photo upload" will open. Please click on Browse... (or Choose File in certain browsers) to select a photo.
Please note: Make sure to check the information about the file size, image size and the file format. If your photo was taken with a smartphone, please make sure to use a low camera resolution (0.5 megapixels is enough). Most smartphones exceed this resolution, so ensure that the maximum file size does not exceed 500 kB. The chapters "Scaling Photos (Win)" and "Scaling Photos (Mac)" explain how to scale a photo to an appropriate size.
Please note: Due to the fact that the UCCard not only serves as a travel ticket but also as an exam identification in some faculties, it is important that the picture you choose is not only a current photo but also one in which you can be identified. Other requirements for the photo can be found here.
6. The file name will be displayed after the selection. Please click Continue.
7. The uploaded photo will be displayed. KLIPS 2.0 automatically scales and centers deviating image sizes (width x height in pixels). Please make sure that your photo is depicted properly in this step.
- If your image is not depicted properly, please click on Back and upload another photo. Please note the information of the following page: UCCard-How to upload your photo.
- If your image is depicted properly, please click on Continue.
8. To confirm your choice, click on Continue once again.
9. Your photo for the UCCard is now saved. You will be notified via e-mail as soon as your UCCard is ready to be sent to you. To finish, click on Close. You will be redirected to your personal business card.
Please note: Do not worry if your uploaded photo does not appear on your personal business card. The photos for the UCCard and the personal business card are not identical. The photo that you upload in this application is used exclusively for the UCCard. You can find out how to upload a photo for your personal business card here.
Exchanging an Existing Photo
1. Please perform the steps shown above in the instruction "Uploading a New Photo" (steps 1 until 6).
2. Now, both photos will be placed side by side.
3. Choose one of the following options:
- If you want to replace the old photo (on the left) with the new photo (on the right), click on the button Continue. Subsequently follow the steps 8 and 9 in the instruction above.
- If you want to keep the old photo, please click on the button altes Foto beibehalten ("Keep Old Picture") and afterwards close the window with the button Cancel.
Foto Studierende: © contrastwerkstatt - Fotolia.com
Please note: The photo that is uploaded for your UCCard will be deleted 6 weeks after the upload, provided the card has been produced by then.