Applying for Courses/ Withdrawing Applications
The application Registration Status on your personal business card is your point of reference when you are applying for courses.
1.Click on the application Registration Status in the Application Menu.
2. The application Registration Status will appear. In a tabular overview, your study program will be displayed.
- If you are studying one subject, that one subject will be displayed.
- If you are studying more than one subject, you will find your complete degree program on the first row, and in the following rows the different parts of your study program (see screenshot below). In the view of the study program, you can find, for example, the module for your final thesis and the courses available within the framework of Studium Integrale.
Please note: If you are registered as a Master's student, your Bachelor studies will also be displayed if you did your BA at the University of Cologne (See screenshot below). In this case, you navigate using the columns "Name of Study Programme/ Name of Degree Programme", "Status" (registered or completed) and "Semester".
3. To see the structure of part of program, click on the column "Study Plan" on the corresponding.
4. The structure of the program will be then opened the form of a tree structure (study tree) in the so-called "Curriculum Support". In the tree structure, the individual modules of your degree program will be displayed as they are defined in the examination regulations. By clicking on the +/- symbols, you can extend or reduce the study structure.
Please note: In exceptional cases, no study structure will be displayed. If this happens it means that the exam regulations of your degree program have not yet been added to KLIPS 2.0.
5. To apply for a course during the application period, click on the green arrow () that is to the right of the title of the course.
6. The window "Course registration - select study programme and node of curriculum version" will appear. In the field, you will see your chosen subject, and a section of your study tree in which the course you are applying for is.
Please note: If the course you are applying for is offered within the framework of multiple modules, you can change the context of the module and to take the course within the framework of a different module. See the screenshot under step 7: the chosen course can be taken within the framework of the module "Deutschdidaktik" or the "Forschung und Vermittlung".
7. Activate theof the exam nodes of the course you would like to take.
8. Click on Continue.
9. The window "Course registration - Select group" will appear. Please note the following information:
Please note: Courses in KLIPS 2.0 are classified according to "Course Groups". Registrations are therefore always assigned to a Course Group. In the simplest scenario, a course has one Course Group, usually the "Standard Group".
Please note: If the course is assigned to multiple course groups, you can, according to the procedure to determine the sequence of admissions, apply for a course within the framework of multiple course groups.
Please note: On the right hand side in the column "Time/Place", the date of the first class of the course is displayed. If you hover the mouse over the clock symbol, in addition to the time, the room will also be displayed. By clicking on the clock symbol, the window "Course Dates" will open and display all dates on which the course takes place.
Please note: In the column "Participants > max.(planned)", you can see how many places are available in each group. In the column "WL", you are able to see applications there are for a given course at a given time.
Please note: If you would like to find out more about the allocation of places in KLIPS 2.0, you can view the procedure that determines the sequence of admissions for your course. Detailed information can be found here.
10. Activate the checkboxbeside the preferred group and then click on .
11. The page will then be updated. Under the "Current Status" of each group at the top of the page, you will see all the groups in which you have applied for courses. You can also withdraw applications for courses here.
Please note: Applying for a course group does not mean that you will necessarily get a place in this course. The status "Course Place Request" (see "Status") means that you will be considered in the allocation phase that follows. After the publication of the results of the application phase, the courses for which you have received a place are given the status of "fixed place". The status of course applications before the publication of results arenot definitive.