Preparation Course Introductory Module "Preparation Semester"
Registration for preparation courses in the introductory module "Preparation Practice Semester" (M.Ed) requires two steps. In the first step, you apply for a place in the preparation course which you then prioritize in the second step.
Please note: There are 60 places in each preparation course but only 20 profile group places (with the exception of the preparation courses in the advanced courses which have 40 profile group places). A profile group place in a specific subject/ subject area cannot therefore be guaranteed. Within the framework of the allocation process, applications that have been prioritized will be used for profile groups. You will be informed of the preparation course of your profile group before the semester begins.
Applying for Places in Preparation Courses/ Withdrawing Applications
1. Go to your business card.
2. Click on the Registration Status application in the Application Menu.
3. The Registration Status application will then open. In a tabular overview, your degree programme as well as the individual parts of your studies will be displayed. The introductory module "Vorbereitung Praxissemester (Preparation Practice Semester)" is on the curriculum of your degree programme.
Please note: If you completed your undergraduate studies at the University of Cologne, this information will also be visible (see screenshot below). Use the columns "Name of Study Programme", "Status" and "Entrance Semester" as guides.
4. Click on theof the degree programme in the "curriculum" column.
5. The curriculum will then open in "Curriculum Support". Go to the introductory module "Vorbereitung Praxissemester (Preparation Practice Semester)" in the curriculum. To apply for a place in a preparation course during the application period, click on the green "T" to the right of the title of the course.
Please note: All subjects and subject areas that are offered in the Mast of Education degree programme are displayed in the preparation module. Only apply for courses of your degree programme.
6. The window "Course registration - select study programme and node of curriculum version" will open. In the choice box, you will see your degree programme and the parts of your curriculum tree where the preparation semester is offered.
7. Activate theof the exam node where the preparation semester is offered.
8. Click on Continue.
9. The "Course Registration - select group" will open.
10. Activate the checkbox register button.and then click on the
11. The page will be updated. You will see your application under "current Status". By clicking on deregister, you can withdraw your application.
12. Close the "Course registration - select group". you will be redirected to "Curriculum Support".
Please note: If multiple courses are offered for a subject/subject area, you apply for as many as possible to guarantee that you get a place in a course. Repeat steps 4 to 11 to apply for more courses.
Prioritizing Applications for Preparation Courses
After you have applied for a course, you can prioritze the application. To do this, you use the Course Registrationapplication.
1. Go to your business card.
2. Click in the Application Menu in the application Course Registration. The application Course Registration will appear. In an overview, all of the courses you have applied for will be displayed. The status of a course application is shown in brackets after the title of the course:
- Course Place Requested: You have applied for a course. If this status remains following the completion of the application period, it means you have not received a place in this course.
- Confirmed place: You have a place in this course.
3. In the Navigation Menu, click onin the row "Action".
4. The window "Prioritise Application Request" will appear. Here you can prioritise your applications by using either theoption in the left margin or the option.
5. As soon as you change the original sequence, the status shown by the colour of the circle left the title will change (from green to orange).
6. Click on. In the upper area of the window, information confirming the prioritization of a course will appear and the circle beside status will change colour from orange to green.
7. Close the window "Prioritize Application".