Courses of the University of Cologne
KLIPS 2.0 provides you with different ways to view courses on offer at the University of Cologne:
- You can look up courses according to the organisation (e.g. Faculty, institute, department). Detailed instructions as well as an explanation of the table "courses" can be found on this page.
- Using the application Registration Status, you can look up courses of your degree program.
- Alternatively, you can use the Search Function to look up all courses offered at the University.
View Courses of an Organisation
To view the courses of each Organisation (i.e. faculty, institute etc.), please do the following:
1. In the Organisation Tree, chose the organisation of whose courses you would like to view. The Business Card of the chosen organisation will be displayed.
2. Click on the Business Card of the Organization in the Application Menu on the application Study Courses. The "Courses" will be displayed. It contains all courses offered by the chosen organization and all sub-organisations thereof.
3. Using the navigation area, you have the possibility to further define the course list:
- Choice of "Study Year"
- Choice of "Group": or
4. At the top of the table, you will find symbols for how to Sort and Filter each column.
Content of the Table "Courses"
In a tabular overview, you will be provided detailed information on each course. Following this, the courses are presented in more detail.
|Course Nr.||The course number is a 9-digit sequence of numbers. The first five digits represent the organisation (faculty, department, institute) and each organisation has their own sequence of numbers. The four digits after the 5-digit organisation number represent the course number. Each course has its own individual course number.|
|Sem.||Semester, in which the course takes place: |
If the dates of the course are available, the letter (W or S) will be highlighted in green.
|Term (dates).||Dates on which the course takes place. By clicking on the symbol, the window "Dates for the course" will open showing all the dates (time, dates, place) the course takes place.|
|Title||By clicking on the title of a course, a detailed view of the course will open showing all information about the course, the module(s) it belongs to, credit points etc. You will also get information here on the position of the course in the curriculum.|
|Duration||Duration of the course (hours of course per week).|
|Type||Type of course: e.g. LC language course, SE (seminar). The course types are specified in the central settings.|
|Part.||Provides information about applying for a course group of a course. Courses are divided into “Course Groups”. In the simplest case, a course has one course group, the standard group. |
|Exams||Provides information about dates and the registration deadlines of the exams of a course. |
|Eval.||Provides information about the evaluation status of the course. This function is not presently active in KLIPS 2.0.|
|Info||Additional information/resources for a course (files, internet addresses etc.). |
|SPO P/W/D||Shows the number of modules assigned to a course. The link opens the window "Position within Curriculum". |
|Lecturer (Assistant)||Provides the name of the instructor and assistants.|
|resp. org.||Information about the respective organisation (faculty, department, institution).|
|Language(s) of Instruction||Information about the language(s) of instruction.|